Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hi Friends!

Ahhh....the virgin post.  A blank slate of endless wordsmithery potential.

I started this blog because I've come to realize that sailing, and racing in particular, is not for everyone.

Concomitantly,  it IS.  For.  Me.

Yesterday, I arrived back home to Seattle after competing in the 2011 Far 30 world championships in San Francisco, CA.  I walked back into my world with the exhilaration and thrill of having just officially advanced my confidence, ability, and enjoyment of racing to a level beyond my own imagination- not to mention having an entire week to learn from the best sailors in the world, including a lesson in good sportsmanship I will never forget and can only strive to live by on and off the water.

Alas...sharing an experience like this one while being generally outnumbered by a community of people who would picture themselves on a boat with a cocktail on glassy waters, instead of finding themselves screaming for wind and speed...is nearly unachievable.  And, well, totally understandable in the same way I have no desire to own a horse, or ride one with any more frequency than 'sparingly.'  (Like a sunny, windless day, for example.)

I digress.  Therefore, my only solution is a medium through which my audience is everyone or no one, the few and feverish or the curious masses, the laymen or the experts (of which I am not), the sailors and the skeptics.

Welcome.  Onward.








1 comment: