Saturday, September 17, 2011

How the hell did I get into this hot mess, anyway?


A riddle! Well, kind of. I just like riddles. So I'm turning it into one.

Name a single question which fits the following criteria:

It can be traced back so far as to have been the exact moment during which an epic journey began.

It can be asked to a sailor...but not a lady.

I heard it while standing at an after-party in Port Townsend, halfway through the STYC Race to the Straits doube-handed regatta, with a beer in one hand and a beer in the other, by a guy who'd realized he was 130lbs from the Farr 30 weight limit, one crew short from going to the world championships, and about to introduce himself in fine fashion using these 5 classy words.

The same question has since been circulated incessantly amongst the Neffy crew.

The circulation of same said question amongst the Neffy crew was halted abruptly at 11am on September 7th, 2011.

I know what you're thinking...but you're wrong. "Wanna get me a beer?" was said many times after Sept. 7th. Don't imagine that'll be retired anytime soon...good effort though.












No comments:

Post a Comment